Saturday, March 3, 2012

Winning!!!

I'm stating this up front.  I don't care that it's spring training, the Mariners are playing games and results from these games are being reported.  I know the stats don't matter and that they are not a reliable predictor of future real game performance, but this doesn't mean I won't comment on them like they do matter.  I don't want to hear the standard, oh well those are just ST stats.  I know they are and I don't care.

Moving on!
Mariners in 5 homers
Saunders, Montero, Peguero, Rodriguez and Chavez.  Isn't this an exciting difference from the last couple of years?  Players hitting them out all over the place.  It doesn't really matter how Peguero and Chavez play they are destined for the minors.  But Saunders is fighting for the starting CF job, Montero is out to show he is what we hope we would be and Rodriguez is fighting for a backup IF spot.

It was a rough day for Montero getting hit in the chops a couple of times.  I'm sure he is fine.  Catchers are tough.

Blake Beavan also had a nice first outing.

Can't wait for today's game!

No comments:

Post a Comment