Monday, March 5, 2012

Way to Go Ackley Boy!

He hates it when I call him that!

M's Win 13-7
Ackley goes 3-3 with a single, double, triple and oh, 1 error, oops.
A. Moore hits a homer

I didn't want to mention this first because I didn't want it to be the focus.  I had to listen to the game on the Padres radio.  I was not very impressed with the two doing the radio broadcast.  One guy spoke in segmented words, the other kept trying to put together, in the only way I could describe as word jokes.

On the pitching end, the Padres radio guys were not impressed with Iwakuma's stuff and basically said it was pretty ordinary.  I can't say that the MLB gameday tracker was that much more encouraging.  He threw a lot of splitters, topping out at 90.  I guess he doesn't even throw a fastball.  He threw first pitch strikes to 2 of the 5 batters and both were foul balls, not even called strikes.
Patterson, Sherrill and Wilhelmsen all had nice outings.  Wilhelmsen topped out at 98mph.

Phils win 9-3
Rollins, Polanco and Thome all collect 2 hits.
Luna had a nice base clearing double and Michael Martinez hit a homer.
Rollins also had 2 SBs.
Blanton had a nice outing, so did Elarton and Herndon.

No comments:

Post a Comment